View Single Post
Old December 7, 2009, 10:25 AM   #11
pogo2

The CA certified safe gun list...

Quote:
Is this list only for new handguns sold by gunshops? I see stainless Colt Pythons listed but blued ones aren't. What would be the difference?
The CA gun list was passed by the legislature about 1999 and signed by the governor. It applies to guns sold by dealers, either new or used. It does not apply to private party transfers between individuals or to guns brought into CA by new residents. LEOs are exempt from the list. To get onto the list, a gun must be submitted for testing by the manufacturer, who pays a fee to the state. Almost all guns pass the testing, but only currently produced guns are submitted for testing, for economic reasons. So older and out of production guns aren't usually on the list.

The reason a stainless Python is on the list but a blued one is not is because Colt submitted the stainless gun but not the blued one, for testing. I don't know Colt's reason for that.

The CA gun list is a thinly veiled attempt at gun control by the liberal legislature, using "safety" as the rationale for the law. I doubt that it has any effect on the total number of handguns in CA, but it results in certain models being more prevalent than others.

Page generated in 0.02332 seconds with 8 queries