View Single Post
Old June 2, 2008, 12:12 PM   #210
Sigma 40 Blaster

Reading your own posts from six months ago is interesting.

I shot my second classifier last month (this time I shot CDP and ESP, both with my XD .45). I shaved 45 seconds off of my previous score missing Sharpshooter by .3 points in CDP and 4 points in ESP.

I followed a lot of advice from others, notably I went with the scorers to observe my targets before taping. Had I not I would have been hit with a total of 6 misses that were actually doubles (you could plainly see two rings around one asymmetrical hole).

The things I have learned to do differently:
Keep your trigger finger away from the frame of the gun, not just off of it but AWAY.

Don't worry about where your shots hit, you can't get it back so don't waste time trying to make sure your headshots were good

Don't rush the 20 and 15 yard shots, you lose more points by missing fast that getting slow hits.

Move your sights during recoil to the next target, you don't need a marksman sight picture to hit the -0 or -1 ring.

Always take up the slack on the trigger during recoil. I'm not saying to stage the trigger, just take up the slack.

There's no such thing as a draw or reload that's fast enough. Eliminating .25 or .5 seconds from drawing and reloading for every required draw or reload makes a huge difference.

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries