View Single Post
Old March 22, 2008, 08:58 PM   #4
pax

Shorts,

Every single one of the big-name instructors has some experience teaching disabled folks, but I'm aware of no dedicated classes specifically designed around disabilities.

The late Jim Cirillo used to teach classes which included a downed defender portion, allowing people to practice shooting from the ground following simulated injuries. While I've not yet heard of others teaching that specific component, if it hasn't happened yet it is only a matter of time before various schools and instructors realize that the hole needs filling. If I were shopping for classes as a disabled person, I would ask around to find who might be teaching the particular set of skills related to the downed defender.

One young man of my acquaintance is in a chair and has taken multiple classes from Tom Givens at Rangemaster, John Farnam, Massad Ayoob, and others. If you'd like I can put you in touch with him to talk about his training experiences. I'm sure his recommendations would be a lot more pertinent than mine.

Hope that helps.

pax

Page generated in 0.02048 seconds with 8 queries