View Single Post
Old August 3, 2000, 10:35 PM   #9
oberkommando

I specifically asked this question at Front Sight to Mr Piazza (Four gun master) and owner of Frontsight training institute. They assured me the possition is the same as a sub gun, which has the bottom of the recoil pad just below the clavical and NOT on the shoulder as there is more nerve damage that can occur there. Bring gun in close to face and lean into it the more upright you are the more the top of the stock will stick up and not engage your body. If you lean in enough that should put most if not all the recoil pad on your body. And that elbow should be down especially training with super 90 (if for defence) as they pointed out if you round a corner its the first thing to get shot if it is horizonal.
If it feels aukward it is probably right, I have used my shoulder and leaned my head down with elbow up for years, what a 360 they taught me. For sub gun there was quite a bit of bend at the waist and a very open position. By end of day most shooters could empty full 20rd mag in to target center mass at 21 feet, all my shots can be cover by my hand. So it seemed to work for me. Good luck.

Page generated in 0.03676 seconds with 8 queries