View Single Post
Old January 25, 2012, 11:11 PM   #580
mightyoakwildlife

SP101 vs. GP100

Yup, I've given it quite a bit of thought. That's been my only stumbling block over the last couple days.

A few years back, I had the KGP161, and it was one of the more accurate out of the box .357s I've ever owned. Because of it's weight and overall length, I rarely carried it. I generally favor +/- 4" barrels on my revolvers. The six-incher was too inconvenient for in/out of the truck, etc. Rarely used, I sold it for the same money I paid.

My wife has recently re-discovered her fondness for shooting, but she leans more toward the 25 to 30 ounce weight revolvers.

As I was reading through this thread yesterday, I kept an open tab with Ruger's Spec. Sheet for the SP. Frequently tabbing back to it in an effort to make-up my mind, she asked if I was afraid she might steal "the .38" from me, for good. When I told her that I was looking at another one, in a smaller caliber that could also fire a beefier round for defense, I got a smile and a nice hot cup of tea.

This afternoon when she got home from work, I told my bride that I've decided to buy one. She told me that I might just get to keep the .357, if the "new one" can be loaded down just a bit more mildly than the .38s.

Could be that she'll find no fault with the factory rear sight. Time will tell. Now, the search begins....

Page generated in 0.02832 seconds with 8 queries