View Single Post
Old July 15, 2001, 11:54 PM   #1
neil pilling

First IDPA&IPSCshootand the winner is....

I would have to give the nod to IDPA.

THis is because I like the tactical atmosphere of the IDPA. The one IDPA shoot I went to was put on by a group just starting out their club. There were three courses and some long delays. But the stages allowed for some creative sollution (within reason). A person had to think as they moved through the stage. It was a matter of tactics instead of just planning on how to place magazine w/ the Correct number of rounds for the reload after dumping an empty mag that had contained the "correct" number of rounds for the first part of the course of fire.

As far as IPSC goes I had a lot of fun today shot 5 stages w/ handgun and 14 w/ shotgun. Shot alot of ammo and left grinning from ear to ear. I also left w/ this nagging feeling that I have been unfaithful to my law enforcement training. Standing still in the box w/out cover shooting it out w/ 8 targets and then running forward towards another box (again no cover) and shooting it out w 6 more targets gave me the heebeegeebees.

These feelings were put rest after saying the heck w/ tactical just have fun and burn some ammo. This is in so way a slam against IPSC because I will be back to enjoy myself with the friendly people of the WI practical Pistol League I met today in Monroe WI.

My perfect idea of an organization woould be the IDPA mentality w/ the ammo count of the IPSC. Until that group comes along I will go to IDPA to keep the book of tactics up to date and IPSC so I can step back close the book and start throwing lead.

Page generated in 0.03518 seconds with 8 queries