View Single Post
Old June 3, 2013, 09:40 PM   #9
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavan
"If contacted by law enforcement and carrying a concealed weapon, you must advise the officer of the presence of a firearm either on your person or otherwise present."

That's all in red ink.

Now what does it mean? I get a ticket and tell the LEO I have a gun so it can escalate his concern about the stop?

If I ...don't... tell a cop I have it and he SEES it (or suspects he sees it) then I've violated my CCW terms by NOT telling him.

This seems a can of worms.

It just does not seem common sense to run around saying anything about guns when there is no violent offense involved with anyone.
What does your state's law say about informing an officer when you are carrying? If the law requires it, you can be charged for NOT doing so whether or not your actual carry permit contains a friendly reminder.

If your state's law does NOT require it, you can ignore what it says on the permit because they can't use a printed form to change state law. However, you might find yourself being arrested and having to go to court to make the point.

There are, I believe, only 12 states out of 50 that require notification. What state are you in?

Page generated in 0.03373 seconds with 8 queries