View Single Post
Old April 19, 2012, 03:54 PM   #34
BarryLee

The WSJ had an interesting article in yesterday’s print edition dealing with SYG laws. I tried to link to it, but it is in their subscription only section.

Basically the main point of the article was that several states including Georgia, South Carolina, Wisconsin and Florida, have or will have bills submitted to repeal these laws. Whether there is enough support to actually repeal these laws remains to be seen, but some supporters have agreed to consider tweaking them. Also, they pointed out that two states, Alaska and I believe Iowa, had SYG bills up for consideration in this legislative session, but failed to bring them to a vote.

I hope we are not starting to see public opinion tilting away from legislation that protects and enhances the freedom of gun owners.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.03113 seconds with 8 queries