Thread: 1:66 Twist
View Single Post
Old March 12, 2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Pahoo

Skydiver3346
You have specifically listed 1:66 in in keeping with the spirit of this post, There are fewer than you might expect. Look at the Pedersolis although you will pay more. Lyman Great Plaines has been mentioned and they are good as well. At this point, might add that your thinking is right on track.

My round ball shooter is a TC Pennsylvania Hunter in 1:66 and it is a tack driver at 100yds. Strictly round ball, matched. Peep sights and Lyman front sight. Too heavy for my field work but great on the bench. Fortunately, I have seen quite a few on GunBroker lately. ....
Would also add that a freind of mine, has a .50 Pedersoli Frontiersman, percussion, that he wants to sell. Let me know if you are interested in making contact with him.

Rifleman
Has it on this one and pretty much on track on his entire reply. My conicals don't shoot as well out of my 1:66 and it needs a bit more stability. There is even some difference between conicals. 1:48 is like some hats that say; One size fits all. If you understand how twist works, you will see why projectiles perform different. You can never go wrong with a 1:66 on a PRB ...

Quote:
The TC isn't a true representation of a Hawken tho if that matters.
It doesn't and all listed are classified as Non-Replicas. However, most are in the "Spirit" of the true Hawken and that includes the TC-Hawken. ....

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.02887 seconds with 8 queries