View Single Post
Old August 17, 2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Mr.Blue

Quote:
check back in 30-50 years when the reliabilty of an 870 or 500/590 has been established...they look cool and the design is right, just not proven. i cant justify spending on when I'd grab an "older" shotgun over it time and time and time again
I have an 870 and a 500. Should I not be interested in a new design? Variety is the spice of life.

Quote:
You can get a Saiga 12 for under 600 bucks, which is semi auto and will hold just as many rounds if not more with the right magazine. You can also make it shorter in length with a collapsible stock. But my real thought is this...

If you need 14 shotgun shells to defend your home you might want to save the 800 dollars and buy a plane ticket to a better neighborhood
1. I don't like Saigas. They are Ruskie crap. To get one running reliably, you can spend over $1k. I'd much rather buy from an American company.

2. I live in an upscale subdivision, but like the idea of having so much firepower in case of home invasion. I know I'll probably never need it, but it's just like getting a hi cap handgun. It's better to have it than to not have it and need it.

Last edited by Mr.Blue; August 17, 2011 at 06:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries