View Single Post
Old June 28, 2011, 05:07 PM   #1
theycallmeingot

Hogdon Clays and 9mm

I've been reloading .45ACP for a few years now. I don't know scientifically what makes one powder good for one cartridge, and bad for another. i started with "suggested" powders for .45ACP and then shopped around 1lb at a time for the cleanest until i settled on hogdon clays. i never noticed any difference in accuracy out of any of the different ones i've tried. i tend to like large particle powders like clays more than smaller ones like zip, however. it seems to meter more consistently.

i'm going to start reloading 9mm very soon. is there any reason not to use clays for this as well? it would be convenient, because i already have and use it, but if there is something much better, it's no big deal to keep two powders.

for the record, at one time i read about what makes a good a powder for certain cartridge, but i guess it didn't stick, or was over my head. is there an easy way to tell what might be good for which cartridge? any replies appreciated, along with any links to reading material on the matter.

thanks

Page generated in 0.02688 seconds with 8 queries