View Single Post
Old November 5, 2002, 10:09 AM   #19
Ric

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Didn't see them yesterday as we got home after dark, but heard them. They make a loud drumming sound. Appears that they are drinking from a small water garden pond in my side yard. I put some corn and more water out for them this morning.

Matt: I like the elevated shooting position idea but am still concerned about using a rifle - if i have to make second shot my safe fire zones will be limited. Best might still be a shotgun *and* an elevated position in case of post-shot festivities.

l&r: Thanks for the offer to help but I've got backup - a well-practiced hand with a 20 ga slug gun. (Payback - i have to help him with the deer that are eating his peas, he's got a depredation permit that will let us take 14 of them. Hey, life is tough !)

dz: i saw one report about using nine-irons, a going-out-of-business emu rancher (in Texas IIRC) had an emu roundup and bbq and issued golf clubs to some of the guests to help with procuring supplies. PETA tried to get them arrested.

Still looking at the live capture option and have to notify the owner of the ajacent property where they seem to be roosting at night.

My wife got some pictures of the first sightings on Friday - if they turn out i'll try to scan and post.

-ric

Page generated in 0.03641 seconds with 8 queries