View Single Post
Old August 8, 2012, 07:13 PM   #14
oneounceload

Quote:
Do you think our armed forces are custom fitting their M4's to every combatant..
Nope, they put adjustable stocks on them

Quote:
For a general purpose gun ...hunting in the field ( at least upland birds ), for Skeet and for Sporting Clays....regardless of gague ...I like a gun that is around 8 1/2 lbs ...and in an O/U with 30" barrels.
Gonna start calling you Atlas - there's no way I am toting a gun over 6.5# for upland hunting

Quote:
here's my point. I can pretty much shoot any gun successfully, irregardless of size shape and fit. I just have to chuckle every time I see somebody recommending a custom fitter for ever possible scenario
And if you close to the "average" size the makers use then you can be somewhat successful. I guess it just depends on what you want to be successful at - I don't think Kim Rhode uses a gun that hasn't been fitted to her, but then she wants to win Olympic Gold.

I have an English friend who does the driven pheasant thing in England every fall. His pair for that endeavor were fitted to him because he wants to be successful at that endeavor - and for what they charge, I would too!

Page generated in 0.03158 seconds with 8 queries