View Single Post
Old December 10, 2011, 12:39 AM   #13
JetTroop

Well...

Its a late 70's, early 80's model- its used, but, its a 98% gun, so, I think I purchased my son a clean, well-maintained firearm.

I purchased him two different sets of scope mounts- one being the standard two piece set and, a long base weaver style mount. I also picked him up a Burris multi-recticle scope that is designed for 12 GA slug guns, so, I dont think it will have an issue holding zero. That said, I also picked him up some standard Ruger rings for a "traditional" scope, as some members have posted above.

Basically, I'm going to leave it up to his personal preference, as well as his budget, should he want to pick up another scope. I started him off with an iron sighted "Chipmunk" .22 rifle when he was 7, and, in the interim, he's fired everything we could get our hands on, EXCEPT for black powder. So, I know he's not recoil averse- In fact, about 4 years ago, a close friend took us up to his hunting cabin and brought his S&W model 29 along. My son literally fired ALL the .44 Mag ammo he had!! So, I figured if he was THAT interested in that firearm, that I might as well feed that interest.

Page generated in 0.03312 seconds with 8 queries