View Single Post
Old December 4, 2011, 07:08 AM   #2
bswiv

Obviously the picture is not of your exact rifle but the idea you are getting at is the same. That is a .35 Rem with a Aimpoint Micro in a Scout Mount. Now the Aimpoint is way over the $200 you mention but there are a whole bunch of options out there that accomplish the same thing. ( The Bushnell have a lifetime warranty! We've got 3 of them mounted on other rifles/rifled shotguns...)

As for recoil...... On of the guns we have a Red Dot on is a T/C Contender in .44 Mag. which I am sure jumps as hard as the Ruger rifle......never a problem.

The Scout Mount ( which I admit I avoided for years because of how odd it looks ) is truly intuitive to use. If you mount the sight as far out there as possible you can shoot with both eyes open and the dot just seems to hang in space.

In fact we were at the Shot Show a couple of years ago where we saw one of the high end European makers of African Double Rifles displaying a rifle with the Red Dot ( it was a Micro ) mounted at the tip of the barrel. Looked like it'd be prone to get banged about but I will say that it was the most intuitive sighting system, maybe even a little better than a peep.

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 8 queries