View Single Post
Old July 3, 2005, 08:24 AM   #3
Jehzsa

As posted by sniper350,

"To improve your abilities with your Walther, I thought I would start a short combat training course on this forum for those who are interested.Topics that will be covered:
Point shooting training
Gripping the weapon as a pointer
Front sight shooting skills
Trigger control
Shooting speeds

Point shooting--- The key to success in any combat style is mastering "point shooting". After this technique is learned I move the student into practice programs doing " front sight shooting drills" . The key to firing quickly and putting all your rounds on target---is using the front sight as a "guide". After you are good at the point shooting drills, the front sight is only needed as a guide and there is no need to sight through your sight system.

Practice drills: Get yourself a cheap laser pointer--red is fine and they only cost a few dollars. Now when ever you are watching TV or have a few moments practice "pointing" the laser at small targets in the house. Just fire the laser with a momentary blast and see where you hit. Then quickly take an "adjusting shot" until you hit the small target dead-on. The laser should be in front of you but at "YOUR WAIST". You will be surprised at how close you can get to your target on the first try.

Continue this skill until you are able to hit small targets at will.
You will know you are close to your goal when you only require ONE follow-up shot to hit the target. Your hand- eye coordination will improve greatly with this practice. Choose target distances at least 15 feet away. Choose small targets no larger than 2" diam.

In my next post, I will take this skill you have honed and move it into some " front sight shooting" skills. Once these are learned you will be able to pick up your gun and point at any target ( 5 inch circle ) and hit it at will, from 30 feet away or 10 meters. Pistol "grip" is very important in establishing a good pointing technique and I will also cover that aspect.

Pointing is a natural movement to a human......so we take this natural skill and add the weapon. It works and most are surprised at how accurate they can become in only a few short weeks."

Page generated in 0.03019 seconds with 8 queries