View Single Post
Old October 19, 2013, 10:39 PM   #28
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
The young guy was right in what he was telling the customer but received no benefit because of his age.
You should see the treatment female employees get. I've had guys who will utterly ignore or contradict valid advice from a female employee, only to accept it willingly from me.

Then there's the dismissive "can I talk to one of the guys?" I'll sometimes pretend I don't know the answer so they have to talk to her.

Then there are the folks who have the most outlandishly strange ideas and refuse to budge. My personal favorite was the guy who called and asked a clerk for "choke tubes for a .30-06." The clerk asked him the customer if he might have been referring to something else, since there's no such thing. The customer got huffy and demanded to speak to me.

I reiterated the clerk's answer, and they guy wouldn't let up. He said, "son, if you don't know what I'm talking about, why don't you just admit it, already. No need to be a tool about it."

My response was, "you know, I just remembered. We're out of stock on those. We really don't know when we're getting them back in."

"Well, can you order one?"

"Sorry, but none of our distributors have choke tubes for a .30-06."

"Well. Humph. If you're not willing to help, I'll take my business elsewhere."

Whenever someone needs a good laugh nowadays, we just bring that up. Sometimes you just have to embrace the absurdity.

Page generated in 0.02348 seconds with 8 queries