View Single Post
Old February 18, 2012, 01:30 PM   #20
603Country

Personally, I'm a big fan of Nosler Ballistic Tips. They are super accurate, and the latest generation are constructed a good bit tougher than generation one was, though I never lost a deer with a gen 1 bullet. In my 270, since I stocked up years ago, I may still be using the older version of the bullet. Works fine. Only thing to be careful of is to avoid angled shots. Sometimes they don't exit. I have noticed that in my 260 I don't always get an exit on a large hog, even with the lung shots, though the pigs are always just as dead. If I wasn't using the Noslers, I'd switch to the Sierra Gamekings. Also very accurate. But, if I just had to shoot a critter from end to end, I'd go with the Nosler Partition. There are a lot of other bullets out there with good credentials, but the tried and true Partition is still about as good as it gets. I used them for a while in my 223 and shot some big hogs and got good performance, though they'd run a ways - so I went back to the 260 and the Ballistic Tips and so far all the pigs do is drop straight down.

Page generated in 0.03589 seconds with 8 queries