View Single Post
Old October 23, 2013, 01:32 PM   #87
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCarry
Not to a CCer who opposes OC and is prejudiced against it; so you would not qualify to sit on the jury counselor. I am appealing to those who have no prejudice and are willing to weigh evidence as it is presented. I did present evidence, but you said that it doesn't qualify because I didn't provide links to chapter and verse. As I said earlier, later this week when my public event is finished, I am more than willing to provide the evidence that even a prejudiced juror would have to accept.
This is the very problem that I have with folks in the OC Movement. Anyone who asks for actual facts is the enemy, prejudiced, unqualified to judge.

Absolute silliness. The OC Movement is like an undisciplined teenager. Their parents are idiots and the enemy and all they want is to talk to their friends who will not judge and simply be cheerleaders for their every move.

Fact is, we are not the enemy. We are your true best friends, wanting what's good for you because we're invested in you and what's good for you is good for us.

Like the teenager though, you want to ignore and belittle us because you know better. You can't consider that maybe we've been down that road and found your arguments lacking. You can't consider that it's facts that we want rather than emotion, speculation and baseless rhetoric.

I have no doubt that you'll tell all your friends in the OC movement that TFL and it's staff are the enemy and we oppose you. Fact is, we're not the enemy. I personally have no objection whatsoever to what ever kind of carry any person might choose to do. I think it's an issue of freedom and personal choice.

You might consider that when we question your baseless rhetoric it might be for the purpose of helping you realize the problems in your argument so that you can make a better argument. It's not to hurt OC, it's to help OC activists to make better, more coherent, factually correct and convincing arguments. It's to expose faults in your thinking and statements that might have you reexamine your opinions in the light of true, logical, accepted debate practices so you don't look foolish when you confront the REAL enemy, the anti-gun movement.

TFL exists to advance responsible firearms ownership. "Responsible" includes the very real responsibility to police our own and protect and enhance the public perception of gun owners.

The OC Movement carries no such responsibility. It's goal is only it's own promotion and that pursued without any apparent perception that it may be doing more harm than good to not only it's own goals but to gun owners as a whole.

Page generated in 0.03816 seconds with 8 queries