View Single Post
Old February 5, 2011, 11:39 PM   #101
dogtown tom

Quote:
gunnotes
Castings are far more brittle because they are hard all the way through and they are porous as well. Anyone but anyone who has had the experience of working with castings knows this. Sudden hard blows, or dropping one on a hard surface results in far more damage that a forging. I have seen plenty of castings crack or shatter when worked on or when dropped or when extreme pressure was applied to them. Golly gee even working on your car will teach you this you don't even have to have industrial experience to know this.
So tell us how many cast frame Hi Powers are cracking from firing or being dropped? YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Quote:
And no I did not remember the page number. I was asked to supply the source and page number and I did that.
No you didn't..........you got caught making up an imaginary story to fit your argument. You stated a fact that does not exist. Nothing in Blake Stephens Hi Power book mentions cast parts or cast frames.

Quote:
Come on lets talk about the facts not result to juvenile attacks.
You attacked the credibility of Stephen Camp.....by inventing a supposed "fact".

Quote:
If by now you do not believe the info in Blake's book then just say "I have made up my mind years ago, do not confuse me with the facts".
Wait a minute, in your response to me above you wrote that Blake Stephens was using "propaganda".....now you are chastising us for not believing info in the same book? That's illogical man!

Quote:
Are you going to tell me next that the "cost savings" two-piece barrels are superior to one piece barrels or that external extractors replaced internal extractors because they were superior
Regarding the extractor........yes, i believe it to be a better design than the original. Regarding the two piece barrel........prove that it is less accurate than a one piece........you can't, because it works just fine for a HANDGUN. and BTW the HP is a handgun and not a benchrest rifle. Find one post on this forum or any other complaining about the accuracy of the Hi Power......good luck.

Quote:
If used cast guns are superior as you have stated than why do the auctions get so much more for the used "T" series guns
You mean those "T" series guns with the two piece barrel, external extractor and all the other "cheap" features? Dude, you don't even agree with yourself.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.04219 seconds with 8 queries