View Single Post
Old May 20, 2002, 07:33 PM   #15
krept

I think a school or dojo with a good instructor will help volumes. Books and videos are great to a certain extent and several well known mixed martial arts competitors have learned this way. You might make mistakes and learn things incorrectly, however, and this is exactly what a good instructor can show you.

Also you might not only want to think about the time that you are putting in training, but how far you are willing to travel if you are looking for a school. You might be less apt to stick with a place if it takes you an hour to get home and you are pooped even before you start driving.

Thus, you'd probably want to check out the yellowpages and check out the schools that are close to your area and teach what you are looking for. Also, lots of good help on the internet too - you can find everything from schools to training partners to motivation to tips with a certain technique.

Finally, I have to give my shouts out to mma.tv. You can probably find someone over there that has practiced any martial art out there. That site is to mixed martial arts what TFL is to firearms.

Good luck, I'm interested in what you decide on.

Page generated in 0.03582 seconds with 8 queries