View Single Post
Old May 5, 2002, 07:04 PM   #1
braindead0

IDPA: Just shot first COF - now looking for 9mm revolver ;-)

My wife and I just went out to a local IDPA shoot, a friend was SO'ing and let us slip in some shooting (me with my Makarov, wife with taurus..both guns not really IDPA 'legal'). It was a gas, my wife is very interested in getting involved (which is a good thing).

So, I was talking to a guy with a .40S&W revolver (M610), and piles of moon clips. Got me thinking, I'd like to find an IDPA suitable revolver in 9mm. For multiple reasons, my wife is more comfortable with a revolver, and it sure would make picking up spent brass (and reload with retension) much easier. From what I can tell the options for 9mm in revolver are very limited. I know there are a few .45ACP as well, but I'm "shootin" for a gun both my wife and I can manage, so medium frame is the only option.

Oh well, perhaps it's an excuse to buy two guns.. I would love to shoot wheelgun, even without moon clips I suppose the empties end up pretty close together.

Perhaps I'll see some of you folks at the Ohio State shoot in Youngstown, probably not shooting but we'd love to watch!

Page generated in 0.04977 seconds with 8 queries