View Single Post
Old February 17, 2009, 12:14 AM   #1
GuitarXM

RELOADING .308 winchester

Have a question about reloading data for 308 winchester.

I was looking at different websites for reloading and still can't find the one site that has it all.

I have IMR 4064 powder.
I was reading that Lapua brass is the best, but that winchester brass is very good for the money.

Now I want to try Sierra Match King bullets in the 150-168 grain range.
On the IMR website, they show data but have no manufacturer of primer or case. They also don't have a case trim to length. They also don't list the test rifle. My rifle is a remington 700 sps varmint which has a 26" 1:12 twist barrel. I am not sure if barrel length is important for reloading data. (24" vs 26")

The sierra manual, has everything except that they use federal cases, and I heard that federal cases are not good for reloading because they are too soft... I am not sure if I can use that data and substitue for another case such as say Winchester or Lapua.

I also checked out, Hodgdon reloading manual. It shows winchester case and federal primer, but has a 24" barrel test.. Since I have a 26", not sure what to make of that. It also has a max load of 45.9C. Not sure what the c is for. Also does not have trim to length.

I still didn't check out the SPEER manual. Anybody have that one?
I am basically trying to find load data, that has all the data, and manufacturers listed.

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 8 queries