View Single Post
Old August 10, 2006, 06:09 AM   #16
Baba Louie

I've always thought that the 30.06 signs forbidding carry of weapons were:
a. just for the bad guys who probably ignore them in the first place
b. invitations for the bad guys to lurk nearby knowing that almost everyone else will be unarmed
c. a CYA for the business placing the sign, in the event that something untoward happens thay can point to the sign afterward and say "SEE?" and thus wash their hands of any responsiblity, legally & financially... even if their unarmed patrons who cannot remember Luby's get slaughtered (tho that's kinda bad for business in a way, isn't it?).

So I've pretty much decided that concealed means concealed and unless I've got to pass thru a metal detector, what some people don't know can sure save my bacon, if need be... 'sides that, my vision isn't what it used to be and I oftentimes have "other things" on my aging mind to the point that I can look directly at a sign but find my mind wandering back to and focussed on the group of scruffy ner-do-wells congregating around in the parking garage/lot... but, like all things in life, ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances.

springmom, take care of yer man, tell him we say "hey", continue scanning for trouble and remember that (modified) old adage "You don't need a pistol until you need one right now, really badly".
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.02244 seconds with 8 queries