View Single Post
Old April 8, 2000, 04:11 PM   #2
DOCSpanky

I Have a pre-ban NORINCO 1911A1. The overall weapon is the best I've ever owned, it has over 120,000 rounds through it, it is on its second barrel, soon to be third. Has an extended slide release I put on as well as a Hogue wraparound grip. I had the frame and slide X-rayed and magnafluxed at about 75,000 rounds, (I don't have my log but the exact round is in there), and is on its 4th set of springs. The extractor probably needs replacing and I put a new firing pin in it about a year ago. Fit and finish it is the sloppiest thing I have ever seen. It is ugly as sin. BUT, in 8 years of ownership, I can truthfully count its failures to fire and mine and my son's fingers and toes. Less than 40 FTF's out of that many rounds is truely incredible. 7 came out of a single box of Winchester Winclean ammo. I love this gun, and sleep with it under the bed every night. I use 10 round Chip McCormick mags loaded with 230 gr. Hydra-Shok's. Perfect House gun. Damn shame it has to be made in China. I wonder if Willy could get me a new one from one of his friends????

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

[This message has been edited by DOCSpanky (edited April 08, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.04315 seconds with 8 queries