View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 08:11 PM   #11
ClydeFrog

BORTAC, Miami Beach PD chief, gun shops....

I remember the Miami/INS incident. The US DoJ & US Border Patrol didnt look very good after that event, .
FWIW; the federal agent was a member of BORTAC, the elite highly trained SWAT/spec ops unit of the US Border Patrol(the largest federal LE agency).
BORTAC is like the HRT or ACE(what the US Army called Delta Force/SFOD-1).

News reports also stated the police chief of Miami Beach Florida lost his job over the bungled way the INS did the raid.

As for gun shops & private ranges, safety training & alert sales staff can prevent mishaps.
I posted a topic reply on forums before about a incident I had in the mid 2000s, where a couple(male-female, mid-40s/early 50s) can into the gun shop I was in with a huge Ruger Super RedHawk .454 Casull. Both of them were red as lobsters & intoxicated. The sales clerk, a young guy, was oblivious to the couple's condition & was looking over the Ruger Super RedHawk.
I politely asked the couple to see the .454 & opened the cylinder to make sure it was unloaded. Thankfully it was, but I could also see how strung out the customers were.
I quickly ducked out to avoid being in any fracas with the two drunks.

CF
PS; I started to shop more at a local Gander Mountain. They do it right. Security & CCTV cameras everywhere, weapon inspections, armed staff/safety officers.

Page generated in 0.03735 seconds with 8 queries