View Single Post
Old November 24, 2009, 09:56 PM   #18
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Might want to expound on what exactly you mean by this Franken..
Party hunting doesn't equate to much of anything here in Wyo except that several people have decided to go hunting. We put in on "party permit" application methods as well.
Organizing a group with the intent to herd or push a group of animals to another hunter or group of hunters. (Whether or not the 'drivers'/'pushers' have licenses.)

It is illegal in Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, and last time I checked - Oregon, Arizona, and New Mexico. (With some states making exceptions for species like antelope, mountain lion, or javelina.)

In no way, am I saying the concept is unethical or illegal in other states (or those that may have changed the law since I checked).
I simply wanted to point out that it is illegal here. Many hunters have no idea that a very common technique in their neck-of-the-woods is highly illegal in some one else's.

Elkman-
I apply in a group ("party") in Wyoming for Pronghorn every year. Their draw system is about as fair as it gets, with a little bonus to guarantee the whole party a permit if the numbers are drawn at all. (Some states issue permits to only those members of a party that draw... kind of defeats the whole purpose...)

Page generated in 0.02162 seconds with 8 queries