View Single Post
Old November 28, 2007, 09:23 AM   #22
Teufelhunden

I agree with those that have said that the EOTech reticle is way too busy. My SRT team issues EOTech, but allows personal purchase of other sights if you'd rather something else.

I know folks talk about the speed of an EOTech, but all that stuff in my view slowed me down. With the Aimpoint, I only have the find the single red glowing thing in my field of view, and the bullet is going there. I don't feel like I'm looking through a tube when I'm using the sight as designed (target focus, not sight focus). If I stare at the dot, I can see the tube, but otherwise it doesn't bother me.

Granted, we've got older EOTech's, but the battery life on the N-Cells is horrible. We have to swap cells about once every 6 weeks, and that's only after intermittent use. My Aimpoint OTOH, will burn for 50,000 hours. I also agree that controls on the Aimpoint are far better--I can turn my Aimpoint off and not have to look though it to verify that it is actually off like you do with the EOTech.

If you've got access to both at work, try to shoot with both of them and see what works better for you. Both are good sights, but each has features that suit different people.

-Teuf

"One hundred rounds do not constitute firepower. One hit contitutes firepower." -Gen. Merritt Edson, USMC

Page generated in 0.02805 seconds with 8 queries