View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 08:46 AM   #4
MEkovich

Stevens Model 520

I am quite aware that it's a pump shotgun. I am also aware that it's has an
"inertia block" system that only allows to be operated (Pumped) after a shell is fired and the recoil is felt by the gun. Also they made three grades Field,Trap & Deluxe.

The following information was obtained from: John M. Browning: American Gunmaker.Second Edition. John Browning and Curt Gentry. Published by Browning. 1964. Page 258.

History: Patent application on this model was filed July 10, 1903 and U.S. Patent No. 781,765 was granted February 7, 1905. Manufacturing and sales rights were acquired by the Stevens Arms Company in 1903 and the gun was placed on the market in early 1904 as the Stevens Model 520. A streamlined version, the Model 620, was introduced in 1927.

Description: Pump-action, concealed hammer, solid-breech, tubular magazine, takedown repeating shotgun.

The following specifications refer to the Model 520:

Gauge:12
Chamber: 2/3.25"
Magazine type and capacity:Tubular. 5 shells
Model styles: Field, Trap and Deluxe
Barrel lengths 26, 28, 30 and 32"
Choke: Full choke, modified choke, and cylinder bore
Weight: 7.5lbs (approximately)
Stock: Field and Deluxe, checkered, semi-pistol grip, rubber butt plate. Trap, checkered, straight grip rubber butt plate.

The Model 520 was discontinued in 1932 though it's likely Stevens was still assembling the model from already fabricated parts and selling it for a few years after manufacturing was stopped.

The Model 620 was designed to eliminate the abrupt angle at the rear of the reciever. The 620 was also specifically manufactured for police and military (riot) in addition to the above named styles. The 620 was discontinued in 1955. Production numbers of either model are unknown. At least they were unknown when this book was

I just thought someone would know more on the subject and help?

Thanks,
Mitch

Page generated in 0.02083 seconds with 8 queries