View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 06:10 PM   #167
No1der

Quote:
What? And undermine their power? If they actually prosecuted these felons, then they'd have to do some actual work..... and the problem would get smaller. Smaller Problem = Smaller Budget.

Far better to use the resources they have to make more potential criminals, rather than deal with the ones they have in a slam dunk case.......

Selective enforcement is a power all it's own ....... they can make people jump just by threatening to do something, without actually haveing to do anything at all ..... leaves more time for politically motivated activities like F&F ......
@JimBob

Don't know how I missed this post from you but even though you phrased everything in a humorous manner, the fact remains that you're absolutely right.

It is about next years budget and a smoke and mirror display to make it appear that they are getting "something" done.

It's all nonsense and I think we all know this.

Enforcing the law would do so much more good than any ban or new law.

It's really very simple. "IF YOU ARE FLAGGED AS TRYING TO PURCHASE A GUN UNLAWFULLY AT A GUN SHOP AND YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK SHOWS YOU HAVE A FELONY RELATED TO DRUG TRAFFICKING OR FIREARMS THEN YOU SHALL BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW."

The Above Is An Actual Law That Is Not Being Enforced! So I'm Trying To Make Those Who Don't Know About It Into The Informed.

Sorry for the all caps method of posting but that law should be shouted from the rooftops. It should be shouted from the NRA, it should be a rallying point.

Not only does repeating the non-enforcement of this law show that we are trying to be part of the solution but it also shows that we are responsible folks and not, what they perceive as "Gun Nuts."

I wish I could swear but I can't and won't but it just enrages me that we've got perfectly good laws on the books that are not being enforced.

Yes there are horrible shootings and massacres and not all of them can be stopped but we can reduce a fair amount of crime by locking up the criminals who are attempting to purchase a gun. I mean it's a no brainer. Just do it already Gosh Dangit!

Page generated in 0.03067 seconds with 8 queries