View Single Post
Old March 20, 1999, 06:23 PM   #26
Hilton

Ok, no one's brought up an obvious brand -- Edgeworks, the product of our very own moderator. My buddy has several of Scott's custom and production design inside pants rigs and is very happy with them. Scott uses thinner Kydex for these, and it seems to do a fine job of remaining rigid and keeping down the bulk. The rigs are extremely functional. The "snap and pop" retention of the holsters is just right, a trait that can only be had with Kydex. I no longer like leather holsters b/c of the lack of positive tactile feedback upon holstering.

My personal favorite for outside pants rigs is a Mad Dog Thumb Break or Taylor Thunderbolt. I've used them for my Glocks and have had excellent performance and durability with them. The craftsmanship is top notch, and they too have the "snap and pop." The only downside to the MD designs is the lack of adjustability, which has only been problematic for me with 1911's. Different Glock pistols seem to fit the rigs just fine, and though the mags do differ in outside dimensions, they fall within acceptable variances.

Blade Tech rigs that I've seen have varied from excellent workmanship to horrible, so I'm not sure what to make of them.

Page generated in 0.02235 seconds with 8 queries