View Single Post
Old September 12, 2013, 07:42 PM   #3
weldonjr2001

The PM9 is Kahr's polymer 9mm pocket semi-auto. It is about 3 ounces lighter than the P290RS.

I've had the PM9, the P290RS, and the Beretta Nano. All fine pistols in my opinion, but I never could get any of them to come out of my Docker's style pants pocket smoothly enough to feel comfortable with.

But plenty of people do seem to find them acceptable.for pocket carry. Maybe my pocket style is limiting me there.

I'm sticking with my Ruger LCP and LCR for the pocket. They are snag free, and I can't say that about the other three.

I pocket carry in a Blackhawk #1 holster by the way.

The PM9 is 3 ounces lighter than the P290RS, and I could definitely feel the difference in the pocket when I tried them.

The P290 is slightly the smallest of the three, especially where I felt it most counted for pocket carry, from the bottom of the grip to the top of the rear sight. But paradoxically, it is also the heaviest of the three.

The PM9 has the smoothest trigger of the three. Very nice.

Kahr also has the PM40, which is almost exactly the same size as the PM9. It is a handful under recoil, but if you like the larger caliber, manageable.

I have found the PM9, the P290RS and the Nano (with the right ammo) perfectly reliable. I just carry them in a small gunpack instead of the pocket.

Page generated in 0.02302 seconds with 8 queries