View Single Post
Old March 24, 2010, 01:58 PM   #20
H.W. French

Bounce!

You can't fix stupid.
I worked in a bar during my college days and have seen some very stupid things go down. Always fueled by the booze. For whatever reasons folks like to brawl with you. Pick one bar you really enjoy going to. Make that the only one you go to when you decide to go out. Sit at the bar most of the time. Start with the bartenders and become friendly with eveyone that works there. Tip well. If some moron has the nerve to walk up to you while your seated at the bar do not engage them. A nod to the bartender or door guy is all it should take to have the offender removed from the situation. The guys I worked with were always happy to do this for a regular. More than likely the aggressor is always a repeat offender and has a reputation for trouble. We always knew who to keep an eye on and had a barred list two pages long! If your as big as you claim, you may even consider moonlighting as a door guy/bouncer for the establishment. We routinely hired regulars for extra "enforcement" on high volume weekends.
If you want to carry and dine, I would suggest finding a resturaunt that does NOT have a BAR. Otherwise leave the piece at home and go enjoy a brew with your buds.

Last edited by H.W. French; March 24, 2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: pour grammar

Page generated in 0.03033 seconds with 8 queries