Thread: Mg 42
View Single Post
Old September 14, 2008, 08:46 AM   #36
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

A CAUTION and WARNING:

Let’s give it the benefit of a doubt and say this topic is on the up-and-up.

There’s been some good advice about how to safely surrender or otherwise dispose of an illegal machine gun. Likewise, there’s an off chance that it is a legally held, registered item. There’s only one way to find out, but in any case, unless it IS legally registered and transferable, there’s no legal way you can keep such a piece.

On the other hand, let me remind everyone here: It is against TFL policy and rules to advocate, encourage, or further any illegal activity. Besides, to do so is just plain stupid. I seriously doubt any board member would be dumb enough to take such advice, but if he did, you’d be partly responsible for getting someone into bad trouble. Besides, such posts aren’t that clever in the first place.

Let’s be clear here: Next time there’s a “It’s worth a lotta money -- sell it illegally” post, or a “Hide it and shoot it” post, the member posting same WILL be banned. No PM, no e-mail, no warning. THIS is the warning.

People, look - - I don’t like the way MANY laws are structured. I hold no brief for regulatory agencies who create penal laws by simply publishing a memo. It sucks, okay? But this is the system under which we operate. TFL will NOT tolerate members advocating violation of the law. Now, please, don’t send me a PM saying, “Hey, I was just joking.” Just let it pass and go on to other matters.

If this posting offends anyone, too bad. If you’re so miffed you leave in a huff, good riddance.

Please, friends - - Don’t test this. It would be unrewarding.

This topic is plumb wore out. CLOSED.

Johnny Guest
TFL Staff

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 8 queries