View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 11:36 AM   #2
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
More and more I see news reports that state the person had an "arsenal"
and ""explosives". Only to find out they had 5 guns and some pyrodex.
The phrasing used in the news is deliberate, and intended to get the maximum emotional response from people who don't know any more about the subject(s) than the reporters themselves, or their supervisors (who are, I believe the ones insisting on the improper and incorrect use of the terms).

Can't help with Fed laws, other than telling you that there are laws for different applications, transport being one, industrial storage another, etc., and, they don't always make sense. (for instance, there is a CFR that covers commercial shipment of ammo on aircraft, which covers amounts, packaging, etc, allowed for live ammo, and also completely prohibits shipment of blanks!

If you are concerned with legal storage of your powder, etc, its primarily a local matter. The laws that apply (if any) will be your local fire codes. Check those, odds are if you are in compliance there, Federal laws will also be complied with, or so I would think.

Page generated in 0.02804 seconds with 8 queries