View Single Post
Old October 19, 2013, 08:54 AM   #51
buck460XVR

Quote:
The police detective purchased a NIB Smith & Wesson 329 Sc frame .44 to start using on duty. He took the S&W .44magnum to the range & it misfired a few times.
He considered the security lock system to be a part of problem. The cop went back to carrying his trusted S&W snub N frame .44 revolver.
The lock will not make the firearm "misfire a few times". This is what most complaints about the lock are all about.......something else. I've helped folks at the range who's lock they claim Mal-functioned only to find the ejector rod lose. Local gun smith tells me of all the Smiths brought in for a "broken lock" none have ever had a self engaged lock failure, all were something else. A problem arises with a new Smith, the owner posts about it online and the first replies are "does it have the lock?"....even when it's a finish/fit/cosmetic problem. The lock is really a non-issue. S&W now make most of their snub SD revolvers with or without it. It is easily removed from those guns that have it if you don't want it.....or there are older Smiths and other brands readily available. I have heavy recoilin' Smiths with and without the lock from Airweight +p snubbies to X-Frames. After thousands of rounds thru them all, the failures are always the same.... loose ejector rod, strain screw backin' out, sticky case that didn't bounce back from the recoil shield, powder residue under the extractor or something else coming loose from the vibrations of heavy recoil. Have never engaged the lock on any of the firearms with it, was told by a S&W rep that not totally disengaging it is the main reason they self-engage. I don't even notice the hole when lookin' down the sights.

Page generated in 0.04450 seconds with 8 queries