View Single Post
Old June 18, 2012, 12:19 AM   #1
azsixshooter

Ghost Ring sights and vented rib barrel?

I have an 870 Express Magnum with a 21" vented rib barrel. I'm getting some Trijicon RE04 Ghost Ring sights and was concerned about having the front blade mounted on the vented rib.

It seems like the front blade would be higher than normal and reduce the range of elevation I could adjust across. Maybe it's not an issue, I'm not really sure how much I have to work with to begin with.

Any other concerns? I'm hoping that front blade while go on well and not look stupid on a vented rib barrel. If it's too much trouble I suppose I could try to trade the vented rib barrel for a regular barrel at a gun shop. Maybe go a little shorter, but overall I'm pretty happy with the 21"/RemChoke barrel I have now.

I believe the Trijicon Ghost Ring sights are actually made by Wilson Combat and Trijicon installs the lamps and resells.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." --Saul Tigh
http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2...s-no-more.html

Page generated in 0.03568 seconds with 8 queries