Thread: remington 10a
View Single Post
Old January 18, 2010, 01:28 AM   #2
hickstick_10

If it works is worth a few hundred.

They stopped making them in the 1929.

I have one myself that I traded for a case of corona to a man whos wife wanted guns out of the house.

Anyways, I say when it works because those guns are a frail reed in particular the ejector spring, which is a skinny little flat spring. The cam surfaces of the actuating bars are complex as hell to make the ejector rotate and flick that shell out just in time. Also a damn PITA to take apart and reassemble. The action bar really likes to wear on the receiver as well.

It may have some worth if it dont function properly, for parts.

I like mine, its pretty neat to watch all the parts work together, and shes all machined like they used to make em. Shoots pretty much like any run of the mill pump, maybe a bit smoother. The receiver sure has nice clean lines to it.

While they're not worth alot, I never seem to see em anywhere, you always see ithacas as far as bottom ejects go. Obviously the guns a 2 3/4 inch spitter.

Hope he comes back for that gun, there kinda a PITA and unless its the WW1 trench gun model, not really worth much (as far as I've seen) useful for much except a closet protector.

Remington discontinued that gun for good reason!!!

Alot of guns are old......doesn't necesarily mean its valuable (goes with most things)

Last edited by hickstick_10; January 18, 2010 at 05:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.02085 seconds with 8 queries