View Single Post
Old October 7, 2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man

Thanks for the replys... I realize I'm out of my element here, & I'm inviting a discussion, but the show I watched used Jerry Michloeck ( spelling ??? ) for comparasion in the gun fighting segment... but a couple problems I have with that, is often these are race rigs ( at least race "tuned" rigs, often the holsters are not CCW holsters, in the show, Jerry commented that his holster was special, & he only needed to lift the gun 1" before the barrel cleared the holster, I don't need to shoot someone once per week, & have dropped guns out of easy drawing holsters before ( aluminum guns & parking lots are not good for a finely finished revolver ), so all my holsters have some form of retention...

also, ( I mean Jerry no disrespect at all ), but I'd bet any amount of money, that if someone shot a gun in the direction of Jerry after his 1st shot ( because he is obviously fast enough to get the 1st shot off ), that his aim is not going to be as good as shooting at steel plates for any remaining shots...

2nd point, I live on a farm, with lots of outbuildings, old cars, & my own shooting range, & I'm talking about a controlled environment, & a small group of friends with air soft guns or similar, no live fire... if you carry a revolver, you get 5 or 6 shots, & semi auto, just for fair field tests shouldn't have any more shots... again, I know nothing about the "toy guns", but would think their realistic shape would make them good choices for using my actual CCW holsters... you woud be able to feel if you got hit, & if you did get hit in the cheek a few times, & it "hurt", it would add more realism tothe turn & flich factor when being shot at...

Page generated in 0.03126 seconds with 8 queries