View Single Post
Old April 11, 2012, 10:44 AM   #51
kraigwy

Quote:
Do you believe that machine guns are necessary? Do you believe that they should be allowed to be purchased and owned privately?
First I'll start by saying I have no desire to own a Machine Gun. I have enough problems keeping up with my other guns in the reloading department.

Now, having said that, in a sense I think they are necessary. There are machine guns matches through out the county, hard to shoot a match without one. They are fun to shoot. I think they are more fun to shoot against, meaning competing against machine guns using a rifle, like who can get the most hits on a distance target in a given time. (I beat more then one machine gunner with a M14 semi, even did it once with a 1917 Enfield at 450 yards).

Machine guns used by civilians are sporting implements like my target rifles and pistols or some one else's golf clubs. I don't play golf but I don't want to deprive or regulate gulf clubs.

So yes I believe private machine guns should be allowed without limits.

There are thousands of machine guns in private hands of individuals now, yet you never hear of crimes where machine guns were used. Different during the Roaring 20s or Mob war days, but it wasn't machine guns that cause the problems just like it wasn't the machine gun laws that stopped the problems.

It's like states banning 50 cal rifles,................who ever heard of a Connivance Store being robbed with a 50 cal rifle. Most robberies are drug related. If some one needed drugs they wouldn't buy a $5000 dollar rifle to rob a liquor store, if they stole one, they'd get more by selling the gun then they'd get in the robbery.

I just can't fantom the ideal of using a $20K firearm to rob a liquor store where you'd be lucky to get $100. A belt of ammo will cost that much.

Gun control, machine guns, assault rifles, pistols, ALL types of gun control has never been about Guns.............its about CONTROL.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries