View Single Post
Old July 6, 2000, 11:40 AM   #1
RCS

Yesterday I was out shooting with some friends and we had taken along some 12 packs of generic soda to shoot. After some 10 to 15 yard handgun shooting, we backed it up to about 100 yards and started to shoot with the mini-14 and the FAL. Just for fun, I pulled out my High Standard .22 target pistol and started shooting at a can about 120 yards out, and was coming fairly close to it, according to the little puffs of dust coming up, and I believe could have hit it, if it had not been ripped apart by the FAL.
After a cease fire I set up another can at about 100 yards and went back to the car and proceeded to shoot, resting on the hood of the car. After 3-4 shots, I hit the can, much to my amazement. Interestingly enough, I was shooting fairly flat. I didn't aim over the can, rather right on it. Anyway, so my question is whether or not anyone would think that the .22 is the most accurate long range handgun cartridge or not. I know for a fact that I could not have made this with my CZ, eventhough that has darn good accuracy in its own right.

Sorry for the length.

[This message has been edited by RCS (edited July 06, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries