Thread: True Encounter
View Single Post
Old July 15, 2007, 03:28 PM   #4
eltorrente

Wow - good thing it was just a warning charge.

Yeah, sorry but that was just a very, very poor decision on her part to stop and take a picture of a wild bear. Not much good can be expected from doing that especially compared to the bad things.

I was with a girlfriend on a road trip once, and we stopped and went through a bear sanctuary in Montana. We slowly drove through the park and all these bears would come walking up to the car and sometimes we were surrounded by brown bears.

So despite all the warning signs all over the place, she decides it would be cool to take a picture with the window down for that perfect angle. She was always taking chances and doing things like this. So all of a sudden I see her window go down, and this bear is literally 2 feet from her face . She starts leaning up and over, ready to lean out at the bear that was looking over at her now. I immediately grabbed her arm and forcefully yanked her over and overroad her window with my control switch. .

I was imagining that thing grabbing her - even if it wasn't trying to kill her and only "toy" with her.. it would have been horrible. She got mad at me and couldn't understand why I was worried about it.

Page generated in 0.03312 seconds with 8 queries