View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012, 08:10 AM   #14
Patriot86

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...othy-schneider

Quote:
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle's idea of taxing guns and bullets to help balance the budget drew fire Tuesday from critics who argued it would punish law-abiding firearm owners while failing to quell violence.

Quote:
Democratic Commissioner Jeffrey Tobolski of McCook also expressed skepticism about a bullet tax, saying he wants to see more cuts to the county's Health and Hospital System before the administration asks for new revenue. "If you pass the gun and ammo tax, you are not hurting the gangbangers on the street," he said.

Commissioner John Fritchey, D-Chicago, noted that he supported gun control initiatives as a state lawmaker, but added that he's "still not sure how taxing bullets is going to keep kids from being shot. If I can see a meaningful correlation between taxing the ammunition of law-abiding citizens and most of the people committing the violence in Chicago, then I'd be willing to consider this. But right now I haven't seen this."
As a near life long Illinois Resident, for a Cook County politician to be saying what I bolded above is pretty amazing. Maybe we ARE winning the 2A fight.

Page generated in 0.02481 seconds with 8 queries