View Single Post
Old September 27, 2006, 07:57 AM   #6
9mm1033

It's illegal to rifle hunt here in Ohio, so I can't address your scope question. But, regarding camo. I buy the brand that will blend into my woods. As you know, there are many pattern shades on the market. Not all woods are created equal. Some have more browns and blacks, others a shade towards green, such as pine forests. I also mix and match. The coat may be a camo brown/black branch design and the pants more towards the greener leaves pattern. Looks a little goofy to humans, but it breaks up your outline when standing still. Another thing to consider is the thick 'briar-free' pants. Usually not in camo, but great for walking through thick briar bushes or dense cover areas. Regarding costs. Buy cheap and it will not last. In the woods, you need quality gear. Not the big brand name stuff, but not the cheapy price brands. It will tear and more important, it will be NOISY! Silence is your friend when deer hunting.

Page generated in 0.02797 seconds with 8 queries