View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Method

Being in the DoD, my career moves me around. Thus, I have been looking for something similar. In my case, I want something that I can easily transport if I have to move several times over the coming years, and I need something that can be used in everything from homes to apartments.

I haven't found much, but one option I've looked at is to purchase a series of smaller safes instead of a big one. Stack-on makes an 8-gun safe that is fire resistant (1400 degrees for 30 min) and weighs in at only 234lbs. It's not light by any measure, but it's small and can be managed if you have a couple friends willing to help. You can check their website for details. The only place I've seen one for sale in person (Omaha, NE area) is a Scheels. Amazon may deliver though.

Stack-on does also have several gun cabinets. They're not fire rated or as secure as a true safe, but they can accommodate a large volume of stored materials without the weight of a safe.

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries