Thread: .30-06
View Single Post
Old November 27, 2011, 10:23 PM   #18
Tim R

Quote:
It does no good to give you our loads, because yours will be different. All rifles are different. The .30-06 is very easy to load for and I'm sure that you'll find something in short order.
Paw Paw, I'm going to stir the pot a bit. I agree with you to a point. I have found some loads shoot well in any gun thet are fired in. Look at the High Power guys. My favorite AR match load will more than likely shoot well in your AR. Chambers are cut with better machines today than before. For example, I have 2 match AR's built by the same company with different barrel manf's and different twist rates but a few years apart.

I do keep the brass seperate between the two but I use the same amount of powder, same bullet and same primer with dope settings being simular. The only difference I can see is the older AR's throat is .80 deeper than the newer AR. Since I hold the bullet back the same distance, I could shoot the 80 gr. bullet in both if using the newer AR's depth setting but not the other way around. All the 77 gr. SMK's are held to Mag. lenght. The 80's are loaded one at a time.

To continue my thought on this, find me some one who did not like the results of using Federal Gold Match in their rifle. I've seen M-853 (GI match) shoot pretty darn good in many M-14's gepending on ythe lot. Or how about 42 grs of IMR 4064 under a 168 SMK and Federal match primers in a 700 "P"or 700 LTR.

Having said all of this a wise and smart man still works the loads up in his rifle. I think where the problem comes from is different brass, primers and powder lot numbers.

Page generated in 0.02103 seconds with 8 queries