View Single Post
Old January 25, 2006, 12:06 PM   #7
stephen426

Dessert Scout,

What kind of guns do you have in your collection? 100 yards is pretty darn far for a combat pistol, especially when you use open sights. I'm sure most people will agree that Les Baer makes an excellent gun and the only guarantee that their pistols will do 3 inches at 50 yards. At 100 yards, you double that to 6 inches. Lets not even mention the environmental factors such as wind and mirages (from heat). Ed Brown claims his target guns are capable of 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards which is 3 inches at 100 yards (again ignoring wind). That is pretty impressive considering their prices seem very reasonable for a custom gun.

Now if you are talking about target .22's, they are capable of some crazy accuracy. .22 are more susceptable to wind but on a calm day with match ammo, I'm pretty sure some crazy accuracy is possible.

I just hope these kinds of distances are being done at the range rather than hunting (unless you have a scope or a Thomson Contender type handgun) and heaven forbid, self defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scout
TRy going out sometime where you can shhot across a big meadow or across a canyon and see how close you can get at 200, 500 yards or more
Desert Scout, don't forget to mention being aware of what of what is behind your target. Few people can see that far.

Page generated in 0.04276 seconds with 8 queries