View Single Post
Old March 30, 2011, 11:40 PM   #36
jeepman4804

Quote:
what are the police going to do? you still have to go outside and meet them.
is the bad guy supposed to run if the cruiser pulls up outside? Just get a siren, and turn it on when you get concerned about bumps in the night.
Police will want to give your place a pat down, and if you have something
out of the ordinary, like a copy of guns and ammo on the coffee table, it goes in the notebook.
They dont just respond and go away until next time you need them, thay have to close out their call, with an explanation, names, dates, locations. If they dont, and you get attacked after they leave, they will get sued.
Where do you get your information? The home owners do not meet us outside. We advise dispatch units are entering the home, do a protective sweep and then contact the owners.

I am an Officer and on alarm calls we don't care about magazines on your table, what your wearing, if your armed, or if you have a full out armory. We make contact, identify you, and if there is no offense to report we leave. Nothing gets noted if it is a false alarm, no need.

We also try to park 3 or more houses down from the address dispatched and black out everything when we turn down the street. I also do not "close" my door when I get out, I gently lay it on the striker and just give a little pressure to latch the door.

Personally, when something goes bump in the night at my place I clear my residence with my AR. If I find something they will be proned out on the floor, or if more drastic measure are required then they will be taken. Then I call it in from the cell phone that is in my pocket. If its nothing I go back to bed.

Page generated in 0.04619 seconds with 8 queries