View Single Post
Old July 9, 2006, 01:05 PM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
he told me of hitting guys running in the upper shoulder (entry) and then seeing the exit wound come out of their lower abdominal, blowing out intestines.
BTW, he was airborne and truly saw a lot of combat, also getting wounded i.e. this is a pretty reliable source.
So Tom is there in 'nam. There is an enemy running along and 1 and only 1 soldier fires a single shot at the running man and he is hit with one round going in the upper shoulder and his intestines are blown out his lower abdomen with M193 ammo? It has to be only one guy firing as that would be the only way to know that the shoulder round is the round bursting out the intestines

They don't make ammo like that anymore.

I spoke with a guy who served in the late 60s. After I purchased my first AR15, he told me how the ammo was designed to "crawl around inside the body." If you shot a guy in the arm and it hit bone, it would crawl up the arm, following the bone, thereby doing more damage than had it just passed through.

I honestly don't think many soldiers ever really knew the design history of the firearm or ammo while in 'nam. As with other wars, I don't doubt they were told many things about the superiority of the firepower and such, but a lot of it wasn't completely true.

Page generated in 0.03125 seconds with 8 queries