View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 07:41 AM   #17
Viper225

Being the Club President I am around lots of the more serious shooters, who shoot in IBS, Tactical Rifle, 600 F Class, Steel Challenge and Defensive Pistol Matches. Probably 20% of the handgun guys buy ammo, everyone else reloads.

Now when you get to the centerfire plinkers and guys who do not shoot in matches, but still use the range, the number of reloaders starts to fall off significantly. We are probably down to 50%.

Then you get to the crowd that are gun owners who do not shoot at the range, and the number or reloaders is near Zero.

I am guessing the 10% number is probably high nation wide.
We are probably above 10% in my area, as we have a lot higher percentage of back woods hillbillies who reload.

I think we could also determine that a much higher percentage of Rural Gun Owners reload than City gun owners. They just plain shoot more, and are way more Gun Oriented.

I have 3 main circles of friends, my Gun Club Friends, my Church Friends, and all the rest of my friends. Of my Gun Club Friends 100% Reload. My Church Friends are probably around 5%. Most of my Church Friends are imports who retired into our area from the North East for lower taxes, and less regulations.
The all other catagory of friends would probably be at around 30% or higher reloaders.

Bob

Last edited by Viper225; February 18, 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.03325 seconds with 8 queries